Saturday, February 6, 2010

We are in the Spudman!

I am starting to think it wasn't such a good idea to put that countdown counter on this page, it is starting to give me a little anxiety watching it.  I may have to delete it as the Tri gets closer.

Great news, we are in the Spudman!  Or is that bad news, Stacy?  We weren't sure that we were going to be in it this year, due to a screw up on my part during the registration.  I thought I was registering everyone as a group, but instead I registered us a two relay team, which is not something that interests us at all.  So after a couple emails with the organizers they adjusted our entries and now we can compete as individuals. 

Stacy was not happy, she had thought she had an out due to a technicality, and now she "gets" to train.  Becky has decided to pass on this years race, considering she is prego and will have a very small window to get in Tri condition after the baby is born.  Courtney is in, after working out a bike custody issue with Becky, unfortunately Dee will be in Arizona so he will not be able to join us. So for now it looks like it will be Courtney, Stacy and myself.

That being said we still haven't registered for the race and we have until the end of the month to decide.  We have to work out our lodging/camping situation, Stacy has her Cookie Lee convention the next day in Las Vegas, so we need to look at the whole thing and figure it out.

As for me, while I want to run in this race, it is not the end of the world if I don't, there is another Tri the week before in Stansbury Park.  I am really leaving it up to Stacy and Courtney to decide, but I would like to do it, it would be my first Olympic distance.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what you mean by me not being "happy"...I'm so totally stoked to train. So stoked, in fact I just used my company's ink to print out the next 4 months of training calendars!

    ReplyDelete