Sunday, February 14, 2010

A good day

Today is Valentines day and it has been a pretty good day, I had gotten up early to go to a yoga class only to find out that the class doesn't begin until next Sunday.  So after coming home and seeing all my ladies on this special day we all went over the Olympic Oval for a family workout.  They were holding a hockey and speed skating tournament at the Oval, but that didn't stop us from getting a workout in right in the middle of everyone.  I had my strongest non-treadmill run today and it felt great.  I am feeling much more comfortable outdoors, so I am thinking there may be hope.

I spent a little time on my bike today using the trainer.  It was actually my first day in the saddle and while it was all very new to me, it felt pretty good.  I am pretty sure I will need to get a new saddle and I have a fairly healthy sized arse, I need a little more support.  It was such a beautiful day I am can't wait to get out on the road.  I just need to get a little more comfortable clicking in and out of the peddles.  There are a few more changes I may need to make on the bike, but only time will tell if they will be needed.

I went to a Beginners Triathlon clinic on Saturday, it was pretty good, but frankly it wasn't anything I wasn't already aware of, but it was good to hear some of it again.  I am also listening to a swimming podcast, trying to pickup some training drills and tips.  I am hoping to make it to the gym 2-3 days a week, so I hope to improve my swim confidence quickly.  Plus it will be an opportunity for me to spend some time with the girls and to get them in the water and exercising.  I feel Mikayla will be a great swimmer and I want to encourage that as much as possible.

All things considered, I am progressing nicely and I feel that I will be ready for my first event in only 68 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment