Friday, February 5, 2010

Overtraining

So, I take great offense to the concept of overtraining.  If I have the energy and the motivation to train and workout, it isn't fair to suffer from "overtraining" and my body is reacting against the training.  I have a knee issue and now a strained quad, not cool.  I just have so much to do and so little time to do it. 

I probably need to get in the pool for some non-contact training, but I don't want to.  I don't know why, but I am struggling to want to get in the pool.  I need to just to started building up my endurance during the swim, but I just don't have the desire to do it.  Next week when the girls are back from Idaho I'll go.  And I know once I started I'll wonder why I ever resisted.

As for my bike, it has arrived! And it is beautiful, I was a little concerned it was a little to big, but after taking it to Taylor's Bikes to get serviced and inspected they said I have a great bike, at a great price and it fits me perfectly.  So, I am excited to get riding.  A friend is going to lend me his compu-trainer next week, so while I sit and what TV I can train at the same time.  The trainer he is loaning me connects to a computer to monitor cadence and other factors, so that I can hopefully learn to ride properly from the start.


Getting back to my nagging injuries, I am a fan of KT Tape on facebook and have been following what the product will do.  So I decided to give it a try on my knee, the only problem is I had a hard time finding it.  I went to the Sports Chalet and they looking at me like I was a idiot and speaking a foreign language.  It is amazing how little attention is given customer service in these big box sports retailers. I finally found some, so we will see if that helps, but not for a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment